Services are led by Rabbi Riqi Kosovske
Beit Ahavah ~ The Reform Synagogue of Greater Northampton invites you to celebrate and grow with us for the upcoming Jewish New Year for Rosh Hashanah (September 9-10), Yom Kippur (September 18-19) and the fall festivals of Sukkot (September 23-30) and Simchat Torah (September 30-October 1). Our doors are wide open, to welcome us this High Holyday season and throughout the year.
Beit Ahavah is thrilled to celebrate our 20th anniversary year (Beit Ahaversary!). Join us and you will be part of creating our warm, radically inclusive and joyous community led by Rabbi Riqi Kosovske. Check these out:
Yom Kippur Yizkor Memorial Service Information
We Remember Them: In preparation for the High Holy Days and New Year season, we invite you to remember your loved ones who have passed away by having their names read aloud during Yom Kippur Afternoon – Yizkor Memorial Service, Wednesday, September 19, 2018 at 5:45-6:15 p.m. We join congregations around the world in this meaningful ritual.
Please note: We are asking you to submit names even if you have done so in years past, in an effort to ensure our list is updated. Please send your names before Friday, September 14. You can either fill out the form above (Click to download as a PDF) and email it to (email@example.com) or fill it out, print it and return it to Beit Ahavah, 130 Pine Street, Florence, MA 01062. Please attach another page or write on the back if you need more space.
We are seeking volunteers to help out with meals and set up! Click the links below for a comprehensive list of volunteer positions and needs:
Volunteer to bring a vegetarian or dairy food item:
Holy Shleppers: Volunteer to help with set up, clean up, ushering, and more:
Questions? Call or email the office: (413) 587-3770 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Holydays at a Glance:
All services held at Florence Congregational Church unless otherwise noted.
- Slichot – Saturday, September 1 at 8:00 p.m. (at Beit Ahavah with CBI, JCA, & TIG)
- Erev Rosh Hashanah – Sunday, September 9 at 6:45 p.m.
- Rosh Hashanah day – Monday, September 10, 9:30 a.m. (9:15 a.m. Family service)
- Kol Nidre Evening Service – Tuesday, September 18, 6:15 p.m.
- Yom Kippur day – Wednesday, September 19, 9:30 a.m. (9:15 a.m. Family service)
- Sukkot – Open Sukkah Celebrations September 23-30
- RUACH Community School & Commuity Sukkah Celebration – Sunday, Sept. 23, 3:30-5:30 p.m. We are seeking “Open-Sukkah Hosts” during the week of Sukkot. Contact the office if you are building a backyard sukkah and can host a gathering.
- Simchat Torah – Sunday, October 1, 6:00 p.m. Dance with Torahs!
Detailed schedule: (click to download PDF)