Why join Beit Ahavah?
Our membership is an expression of individual and family commitments and a way for each person to expand his, her or their Jewish horizons through learning, doing and spiritual growth for self, community and world.
Please see the 2019-2020 Membership Packet with more information on committees, membership and being part of our joyful congregation.
- Beit Ahavah ~ בֵּית אַהֲבָה,”the House of Love,” is a joyful, progressive and inclusive spiritual Jewish community affiliated with the Reform movement, a warm and welcoming place for members from all backgrounds. Together we strive to create a sacred community, offering many ways to connect to Judaism.
- Beit Ahavah is fueled by the love, talent and creative investment of each of our community members.
- We care about Shabbat and holiday services that are spiritual, musical and meaningful, and deepening our understanding of the Jewish year cycle in ways that enrich our lives, lend meaning and contribute to creating greater harmony, peace and justice in the world.
- We engage deeply with our rabbi, Rabbi Riqi Kosovske, on so many projects, services, learning and being in the life of the synagogue, our lives and the world.
- We offer a dynamic youth education program tailored to students and families, a uniquely creative and supportive B’nei Mitzvah preparation, teen programs always in the works, and innovative adult programming and learning. Our programs integrate the arts into learning and community building.
- We support programs and cherish all generations, connections and types of households, LGBTQ and gender identities, and spiritual paths.
- We create and inspire opportunities for justice and tikkun olam – transforming and healing the world, guided by the wisdom and mandates of our Jewish tradition.
- We love the the opportunity to be part of a vibrant, relevant and growing Reform Jewish community. Grow with us!
We are excited for participatory services and involvement and ways of connection; spiritual and pastoral care, and life cycle events led by our rabbi Rabbi Riqi Kosovske; community involvement on the High Holydays, as well as engaging in year round committees, services and projects; support of the Union for Reform Judaism (URJ) and Religious Action Center (RAC) for their resources and leadership trainings; RUACH Community School, Tot Shabbat community and enriching family education, youth and teen programs; and opportunities for on-going adult learning, fun and engagement.
Beit Ahavah has a new voluntary dues structure so that financial considerations will not be an obstacle for synagogue membership. We are committed to welcoming all community members, regardless of ability to pay, and no one will ever be turned away due to lack of funds. Financial support of our members is so important at all levels, as a vital part of operating and program costs of the community year-round. Additional necessary support is sought through generous donors, grants, donations and creative fundraising. We therefore ask that you consider making the most significant payment you can. Members who feel they can afford more are encouraged to do so to make Sponsor Support contributions or pledges above the basic levels. Dues payments and contributions to Beit Ahavah are tax-deductible.
Please click here to download the 2019-2020 Membership Packet ~ Welcome!
Please contact one of our Board members or Rabbi Riqi Kosovske at 413-587-3770 or firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or for more information.