Elul Events & Elul Reflections: Elul is the Hebrew month leading up to the Jewish new year, for spiritual preparation. “Elul” stands for “Ani L’dodi V’dodi Li” – “I am my beloved’s and my beloved is to me.” If ever there was an Elul when embodying love for each other and for ourselves was called for, we think this is the time! You can explore these kavannot/intentions and ways to be lifted up on this challenging journey:
- Awaken the soul with Shofar here, by our Baal Tokeiya Phil Korman, or blow shofar in your own practice if you have a shofar.
- Elul Events: See our calendar and Highlights for details to be in conversation with others:
- “Spiritual Communities Facing Racism: A Multifaith Conversation,” Thursday, Sept 3, 7:00 p.m. moderated by Mehlaqa Samdani, with Tahira Amatul-Wadud, Rev. Marisa Brown-Ludwig, Rabbi Riqi Kosovske and Rabbi Justin David, on Zoom.
- “Inside Mishkan HaNefesh: A Conversation on Today’s Machzor” – our new prayerbook! led by CCAR rabbis and cantors, Thursday, Sept. 3, 12:30–1:30 p.m., register here https://ccar.co/mhnevent.
- Community Slichot Service, Saturday, Sept 12, 8:00 p.m. “This Is Real and I’m Completely Unprepared: Calling on the Tools of Our Tradition” led by our Upper Valley rabbis and leaders, on Zoom.
- Elul Coloring Pages: Nurture your soul and reflect on the year that is ending while enjoying the gift of these beautiful coloring pages courtesy of artist Joanne Fink. Check out Joanne’s work at www.zenspirations.com.
- Elul Reflections, Poems & Personal Questions: Rabbi Sabine Meyer of Tree of Life Reform Congregation, Columbia, SC shares these daily collected wisdoms from our rabbinic friends, here.
- Return: 30 Days Reflection Guided Workbook is created by Rabbi Jill Zimmerman that you can download.
- WRN Elul Reflections are daily inspiring short videos by the Women’s Rabbinic Network. You can sign up to get the daily email here or watch here.