Passover Chocolate Fundraiser!
Chocolate Bars Sold
Beit Ahavah is partnering with Equal Exchange and T’ruah for a major fundraiser. Our goal? 1,000 chocolate bars sold. We need your help to make it happen!
Equal Exchange fair trade chocolate is produced under standards that prohibit the use of forced labor and help to prevent modern day slavery. As the first night of Passover (April 8) swiftly approaches, we remember the time of the Hebrew enslavement in Mitzrayim, and hold in our hearts the need to act to reduce the suffering of those who are not yet free.
We are offering six different kinds of chocolate bars, all of which are fair trade, Kosher for Passover (and year-round), organic, vegan, and gluten-free:
- Organic Very Dark Chocolate (71% Cacao)
- Organic Panama Extra Dark Chocolate (80% Cacao)
- Organic Dark Chocolate Lemon Ginger with Black Pepper (55% Cacao)
- Organic Dark Chocolate Mint Crunch (67% Cacao)
- Organic Dark Chocolate Almond (55% Cacao)
- Organic Dark Chocolate Orange (65% Cacao)
About 50% of the proceeds from this fundraiser will go directly to support Beit Ahavah, so please share widely! In addition to being a great addition to your Seder plate and Passover, this delicious chocolate is:
- A tangible way to practice tikkun olam, the healing of the world
- Supports ethical working conditions for cocoa laborers
- Supports sustainable farming practices
- A wonderful gift for Mother’s Day, birthdays, special occasions, Chocolate Appreciation Day (hint: that’s every day) and all year round
- A thoughtful and appropriate gift for Seder hosts!
This fundraiser is organized by Karen Adelman (Treasurer), Geoff Friedman (Tzedek Tzedek committee), and Becca Herskovitz (Board Member).
The deadline to order is Weds, March 11, 2020!
Happy New Decade! WE are all an integral part of our congregation needed to keep the light strong (and the lights on)! Click for Membership packet for 2020 ~ 5780, or please speak with the Rabbi or a Board member for more information. We have a flexible dues structure so everyone can be part of our community.
Rabbi Riqi’s 10 Year Anniversary!
View Rabbi Riqi’s 10-Year Anniversary Tribute Book, May 12, 2017.
Mazel tov and thank you for your generous support!
In The News
Please support Beit Ahavah!
Beit Ahavah Blog:
- The Joys of a Small Congregation: (3/25/2017) - We Have a Sense of Family We Have a Sense of Tenacity We Have a Sense of Involvement We Have a Sense of Personal Responsibility to the Congregation We Have a Sense of Tolerance We Have a Sense of Humor We Have a Sense of Intimacy with our Rabbi We Have a Sense of Continuity … Continue reading The Joys of a Small Congregation:
Be part of our active Beit Ahavah Facebook page presence with links, pictures and community updates on events and current issues.
Stay in touch with upcoming events & opportunities and messages from the Rabbi:
Subscribe to our Highlights E-Newsletter. Beit Ahavah’s bi-weekly Highlights helps you stay in the loop on things such as upcoming services, family events, holiday celebrations, adult learning, Shabbat, kvellings and more from Beit Ahavah and beyond.